Senior Scientist (m/w/d)
"Let your food be your medicine." At Perfood, we develop digital therapies based on personalized nutrition. Our origins are in university research. Our strength lies in the use of cutting-edge technologies and scientific knowledge. With our product MillionFriends Original, we have created an innovative and effective nutrition program. With sinCephalea, we have developed a modern and effective digital health application for the treatment of migraine. In the coming years, we intend to build a pipeline of digital health applications based on our patent-pending of digital health applications based on our patent-pending technology. In doing so, the patient always comes first, because Perfood's goal is to sustainably improve the quality of life. Without risks and side effects.
We are looking for team members who want to shape the future of nutritional medicine with us. To drive our growth we are looking for team members (m/f/d) for the area of research & development on a part-time or full-time basis (permanent position).
- Firm part of the R&D team in planning initiation, execution, evaluation and publication of clinical studies.
- Independent assumption of key tasks in close coordination with the coordination with the Chief Medical Officer and the management.
- Identification of pipeline diseases of existing technologies.
- Formulation of clinical and translational research questions in various different areas of expertise.
- Realize clinical and non-clinical studies.
- Planning and coordination of scientific publications.
- Self-directed communication with investigational sites, patients, CROs, Ethics committees, and regulatory authorities.
- Monitoring of studies and compliance with planning specifications.
- Contributing to internal training and journal clubs.
Do you want to combine personalized nutrition with digital medicine to help patients? You would like to actively and independently develop and research innovative therapeutics? You are interested in results-oriented work in a dynamic, friendly start-up? We at Perfood are looking for reinforcement for our team! Perfood GmbH offers a scientifically based program for personalized nutrition. By means of a continuous blood glucose measurement and a determination of the bacteria, we analyze which metabolic reactions are triggered by specific certain foods trigger in the individual. The findings are the basis for a personalized of a personalized nutrition recommendation. According to the latest scientific findings, widespread diseases such as migraines can be treated through individualized nutrition and general well-being can be increased.
What you bring to the table:
Completed university studies with a doctorate in human medicine, Pharmacy or life sciences.
- Experience working in an academic and clinical setting.
- Professional experience with clinical and non-clinical studies, incl. the legal framework (ICH-GCP, MPG, AMG, among others).
- Experience in (pharmaceutical) industrial research.
- A good understanding of (business) economic framework conditions and the impact of R&D investments on business development is an advantage. advantage.
- Experience with eHealth/Biotech start-ups is an advantage.
- Solid knowledge in statistical study design and analysis.
- Willingness to take on personnel responsibility.
- Very good German and English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good PC skills, especially in the use of MS Office programs.
- Very good organizational skills, independent and structured working and structured way of working as well as decision-making skills.
- Empathy, motivation, flexibility, initiative, independence, communication skills, reliability, and enjoyment of collegial work in a team.
What you can expect:
- A highly innovative and effective product in a fast-growing industry.
- A good and collegial team that will support you during your induction.
- The chance to significantly improve the medical care of numerous diseases.
- The collaboration in an interdisciplinary team from the fields of medicine, nutritional sciences, data analytics, and artificial intelligence as well as law and business administration, and the opportunity to expand your existing knowledge beyond your own field of responsibility.
- The chance to help build a company with a highly innovative product in a fast-growing market.
- Work location in Lübeck with very good transport connections to Hamburg and the Baltic Sea.
- Possibility for flexible and self-determined work arrangements.
- Snacks and drinks at your free disposal.
- Beautiful office building in an old brewery with a view of the 7 towers of Lübeck.