Senior Frontend Developer (f/m/d) at 9am.health
Today’s healthcare fails many of us living with chronic conditions. It is unnecessarily difficult to access medical advice, prescriptions, and medications. With how far technology has come, it’s time to modernize and digitize healthcare.
9am.health is redesigning healthcare for the consumer, making it easy, affordable, and kind. We focus on people living with chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol and are creating a unified care experience all in one digital service. Our service will be individualized for each patient, incredibly convenient and kind, and offered at affordable prices even without insurance.
The experienced 9am.health founding team worked together previously to build a company that is now used by over 3 million people with diabetes worldwide, has more than 200 employees, and was acquired by Roche in 2017. 9am.health is well funded by tier 1 Silicon Valley investors and launched our full service in August 2021.
We are looking for people who are not just looking for a job - but a mission - people who want to be part of something special, work for the benefit of our users, and transform healthcare for the better.
As one of the first team members, you will...
- Be responsible developing the product Web frontend, establishing the foundation for realizing the company’s vision and goals
- Engage with users, customers, partners, sales and support to gather feedback and ideas for the development of our products and future enhancements
- Build architectures and write code that is able to fulfill the needs of our users and own it from idea over development to operations
- Run tests, deploy releases, and own the running application and understand how it behaves "in the wild"
- Take all technical decisions that it needs to move forward quickly
- Help building up and leading a strong, diverse and highly skilled technical team that will be able to build world-class products with high quality
This is you:
- 3-5 years of experience and a proven track record as senior / lead engineer in building responsive and appealing Web frontends
- Proficiency in the TypeScript ecosystem and tooling to ultimately utilize these to translate problems into solutions quickly
- Experience with APIs and backend solutions (REST) and security, and the ability to integrate these topics into your daily workflow
- Enthusiast of high-quality code and verifying quality through code reviews and high test coverage is the normal way of working for you
- Ideally, you have experience with cloud service providers like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud and can operate infrastructures in there
- Fluent in spoken and written English, German is a plus but not a must
- You are permitted to work in the EU and willing to visit our Viennese office regularly
Here is what you can expect:
- Being a crucial part in building a meaningful service with the potential to improve the lives of millions of people around the world
- Joining an exciting environment of an international startup with highly experienced founders that have successfully built a business from scratch before
- Gaining lots of insights into healthcare systems around the world and the ability to directly connect with users and business partners
- Fostering mindset of constant learning and improvement on all levels and disciplines, individually and as a team
- Leveraging a brand new tech stack and a small, flexible team with lots of opportunities to shape technology, infrastructure, culture, and ways of working
- Sites in Vienna, Austria and San Diego, California - moving between sites is welcome! We would love to spend more time in the office together, but of course a large part will be remote
- Competitive compensation package, plus the option to participate in the company’s stock options program
We value the diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Let’s do good and have some fun! Do not hesitate to hit the apply button and we are looking forward to hearing from you!