Principal (f/m/x) - Samsung Catalyst Fund
Samsung Catalyst Fund is the evergreen, multi-stage venture capital fund of Samsung Electronics, the world in the new information economy and strategic ideas for the wireless semiconductor and consumer electronics companies of Samsung invests.
We believe that technology is about more than just sending faster text messages or getting better online shopping recommendations. Samsung Catalyst Fund is committed to investing in technologies—and the people bringing those technologies to market—able to deliver tangible benefits to society and to the world at large.
As one of the largest technology companies in the world, Samsung has incredible resources. The team has made a high number of investments worldwide and provided a significant amount of capital for multi-stage ventures in the past year. This access to capital and deal flow will be attractive to the best investors in the market.
We are looking for someone who has the depth and experience to access deal flow with vision and focus. You are a successful investor, who has seen multiple investment cycles and has proven judgment. In this new role in Berlin, you will join our global investment team and focus on the following:
- You have a strong track record across Germany, in high-risk, high-tech companies and the ability to work with affiliates to create value in the long term.
- You bring adaptability and insight in identifying new time domains to the table and possess an intrinsic understanding of global technology trends and applications.
- You can achieve multiple investment prizes: whether investing to get big people into the business; investing in ideas that Samsung could eventually acquire, or investing for strategic benefits. To be successful, you will be creative and know "which rocks you turn around".
- You have a strong entrepreneurial drive, enormous amounts of energy and an innate sense of where the future value lies.
- You are a team player and can generate his own deal flow and attract market-leading companies. You are the kind of person that will Samsung to the forefront of disruptive technology investments in Germany, and you'll have a real sense of how to do it.
- You will really understand the scope of this opportunity and have the drive and ambition to use Samsung's financial, technological and operational resources to make incredible flagship deals across Germany and potentially Scandinavia.
- You will be an intruder who has natural gravitas and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Business is required.
- Previous experience with a financial VC is required.