Managing Director (f/m/d) - Corporate VC (Vienna, Austria)
Our client is a Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) Investment House, which invests in startups that help energy providers improve the world. The goal of the company is the early detection of disruptive technologies in the areas of Energy, Smart City & Digitalization with the potential to innovate the industry. Startups should give access to "strategic whitespaces". This means discovering new opportunities in adjacent strategically interesting markets or in the own core markets, getting to grips with them early on and thus participating in their development.
Our client is currently looking for a Managing Director (f/m/d) in Vienna who is able to identify and realize strategic long-term and sustainable investments and who has the drive to shape innovation in the energy sector.
How will you make a difference at this exciting CVC – see for yourself
You’re going to
- Manage the CVC including communication to relevant stakeholders
- Develop the brand as a potential CVC investor in Austria and Europe as well as being in charge of making strategic decisions regarding the orientation of the CVC
- Build-up a pan-European co-investor or general partner network
- Represent the company towards the media and at public events and conferences
- Develop an investment portfolio according to the investment criteria, including contract negotiations and the coordination of the deal sourcing and due diligence processes
- Participate and support in the development of Vienna as a European startup hotspot
- Manage the portfolio and act as an interface to the parent company, to shareholders and the shareholder ecosystem
- Proven track record in a relevant leadership role in an innovative environment (e.g. CVC, VC, or CEO of a startup) with a focus on Energy, Smart City & Digitalization
- Relevant industry expertise, especially with regard to strategic orientation and large existing network in the DACH region of VCs, CVCs, and Business Angels
- Experience with the design and implementation of deal flow processes
- Excellent German and English language skills
- Highly energetic personality with a “getting things done” attitude, entrepreneurial thinking, and interest in the latest technological developments
- Analytical and diligent, strong interpersonal skills and passionate about collaborating and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
Are you up for it? Get in touch now! We look forward to receiving your application here.