Head of Community (m/f/d) in London or Berlin
Speedinvest is a European venture capital fund with €400M+ AUM and more than 40 investment professionals working from Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco. Employing a sector-focused investment structure, we fund innovative early-stage technology startups in the areas of Fintech, Digital Health, Consumer Tech, Network Effects, Deep Tech and Industrial Tech. Speedinvest actively deploys its global network and dedicated team of more than 20, in-house operational experts to support our 140+ portfolio companies, including with US market expansion.
Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Bitmovin, Stateless, Hitbox, Sipwise, Tourradar, Wefox, Shpock and Wikifolio. Learn more: www.speedinvest.com
Our VC fund has a unique and innovative approach to supporting founders and their startups. We offer a range of services for our portfolio companies. Be part of our international and diverse team of motivated, talented and result-oriented colleagues, who share a passion for making an impact and for being an eye-level partner to startups.
As the Head of Community at Speedinvest you will be in charge of taking our Community of startup founders to the next level. You will contribute to a thriving tech ecosystem and help our portfolio companies succeed extending the offering they can tap into for support, know-how, expertise and more.
- Create a Community Strategy and actively execute it
- Build and strengthen our relationships with the founders and foster knowledge exchange between startups
- Engage and support our startups through online (Slack, Notion) and offline channels (regular events and meetups)
- Create a Knowledge Database for our founders
- Source relevant content and partnerships for our founders
- Be an integral part of our team, collaborating with team members to drive initiatives
- Watch our startups’ performance and trends to support founders according to their needs
- Conduct research to find new and innovative ways to support founders
- You are actively looking for ways to improve our Community platform, also by benchmarking it with others
- Enthusiastic about startups and have an understanding of venture capital
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a startup, as a community manager or in venture capital
- Having worked in a similar role, and experience with running a Portfolio Community is a plus
- Strong strategic outlook, excellent at establishing concepts while ambitious to work hands-on and execute them
- You are an excellent connector, love to hear and tell stories and can deal with a high number of relationships really well
- Ability to build a strong network in the European start-up ecosystem (and ideally already have relationships to relevant stakeholders)
- Joy for writing and producing meaningful content
- Outgoing personality, excited about creating a Community and working with startup founders
- Opportunity to work in a successful, innovative European VC Fund within an international team
- Possibility to work directly and hands-on with founders and their startups
- Ability to work creatively and bring new ideas to the table
- Support for continuous learning
If you want to work with European startups, are passionate about creating a community and making an impact, we look forward to receiving your application.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.