Finance & Operations Manager (m/f/x)
Impact cannot happen in isolation. It requires collective action. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined team of over 1,000 staff locally and globally, Impact Hub is the largest global network that inspires, connects and enables people to build a more just & sustainable world through their entrepreneurial solutions.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently.
Started in 2005 as a single location in London, their global network has grown significantly in the past years both in terms of Impact Hubs, members and partnerships, leading to a need for more advanced financial, legal and administrative operations to mature & professionalize their work.
That is why they are now looking for a hands-on colleague with a passion for systems, automation and efficiency to join the team as the Finance & Operations Manager who will lead the financial, legal and administrative operations of the Impact Hub global entity (Impact Hub GmbH).
Financial Management & Oversight
In this role you will be responsible for the sound management of Impact Hub Global’s financial health and work alongside a highly committed team – full time controlling & accounting lead (based in Romania) and full-time finance & operations coordinator (based in Austria) – as well as oversee the external tax, accounting and legal service providers in Austria & Germany. The role reports to the Executive Director of the company and liaises on a regular basis with the Board Treasurer and Board Finance Committee.
- Develop strategy, systems and processes to plan, monitor and manage financial operations in alignment with the company’s strategy;
- Manage the company’s working capital, monitor and manage cash balances and cash forecasts (weekly), aptly using the internal financial management system (Zoho Books);
- Manage the company’s financial budgeting, transactions & payments, capital requests & credit control, legal, tax, and treasury functions;
- Oversee the accounting, financial operations and controlling functions through effective management of the team or any third parties to which functions have been outsourced;
- Implement operational best practices and support the team in area and project budget management and financial decision-making;
- Prepare financial reporting and auditing requests -incl. annual and quarterly reports & accounts – for internal and external sign off & usage, coordinating with internal and external team members and service providers;
- Construct reliable control & prediction systems for our financial health.
Operations & Risk Management
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile by identifying, assessing, and informing the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of internal and external financial and risk issues that affect the organization;
- Develop and implement effective financial, legal and HR policies to support good management of the company and its finances in alignment to tax, legal and HR regulations;
- Monitor all open HR & legal issues involving the company and the industry;
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage;
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Sound understanding and practical knowledge of accounting, tax and financial operations (incl. invoicing, billing, payables & receivables, cash flow, P&L and budgeting, controlling) as well as experience in legal and HR operations
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience (minimum 3 years on a management level)
- Experience of working in a small to midsize company, with direct financial operations responsibilities, agile systems and international operations is preferred.
- Fluency in German and English
- Entrepreneurial set-up and hands-on mentality
- The role is based in Vienna or requires regular travel to Vienna (monthly) at an affordable cost.
- Salary range – 45,000 to 60,000 EUR annual gross (at 1 FTE, lower capacity will trigger a pro-rata remuneration), depending on seniority and experience. Bonus policy available.
- Impact Hub membership, travel support, holidays & additional development days included.
Are You Interested? Apply today!