Finance & Operations Manager (f/m/x)
Impact cannot happen in isolation. It requires collective action. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined team of over 1,000 staff locally and globally, Impact Hub is the largest global network that inspires, connects and enables people to build a more just & sustainable world through their entrepreneurial solutions.
Started in 2005 as a single location in London, their global network has grown significantly in the past years both in terms of Impact Hubs, members and partnerships, leading to a need for more advanced financial, legal and administrative operations to mature & professionalize their work.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently.
Have you always wanted to make a significant impact on society in a flexible, non-corporate environment? Do you find yourself a visionary mind who even has an affinity for the diverse field of risk management, accounting and legal operations? If you are looking for an exceptional job as a Finance & Operations Manager (f/m/x), Impact Hub is the right choice for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the sound management of Impact Hub Global’s financial health and work alongside a highly committed team as well as oversee the external tax, accounting and legal service providers in Austria & Germany. The role reports to the Executive Director of the company and liaises regularly with the Board Treasurer and Board Finance Committee.
- Develop strategy, systems and processes to plan, monitor and manage financial operations in alignment with the company’s strategy
- Manage the company’s working capital, monitor and manage cash balances and cash forecasts (weekly)
- Manage the company’s financial budgeting, transactions & payments, capital requests & credit control, legal, tax, and treasury functions
- Oversee the accounting, financial operations and controlling functions through effective management of your highly committed team with 2 team members
- Prepare financial reporting and auditing requests -incl. annual and quarterly reports & accounts – for internal and external sign off & usage, coordinating with internal and external team members and service providers
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile by identifying, assessing, and informing the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of internal and external financial and risk issues that affect the organization
- Develop, implement and monitor effective financial, legal and HR policies to support good management of the company and its finances in alignment to tax, legal and HR regulations
- Sound understanding and practical knowledge of accounting, tax and financial operations (incl. invoicing, billing, payables & receivables, cash flow, P&L and budgeting, controlling) as well as experience in legal and HR operations
- Experience of working in a small to midsize company, with direct financial operations responsibilities, agile systems and international operations is preferred
- Entrepreneurial set-up and hands-on mentality is key to excel in this role
- First leadership experience is a strong advantage
- Fluency in German and English
- The role is based in Vienna or requires regular travel to Vienna (monthly) at an affordable cost.
- Salary range – 45,000 to 60,000 EUR annual gross (at 1 FTE, lower capacity will trigger a pro-rata remuneration), depending on seniority and experience. Bonus policy available.
- Impact Hub membership, travel support, holidays & additional development days included.
Are You Interested? Apply today!