Playbrush is the innovation leader in smart Oral Care in Europe and beyond.
Since 2015 we have been pioneering Smart Toothbrushes and Oral-Care-As-A-Service
Subscriptions to revolutionize dental health for children, families and adults alike. .
Our interactive smart toothbrushes connect via Bluetooth to a smartphone or tablet.
Children control mobile games with their toothbrush, and consequently get better at
toothbrushing. Adults also interact and receive smart feedback via the toothbrush, so they
can improve their brushing performance.
Playbrush is a startup that has received multiple millions of investment, won several
awards and was recognised by the media globally. Only recently it has been acquired by
the Swiss-Japanese consumer health champion Sunstar Global!
Now we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team in Vienna or
● Mine and analyse data from our different databases and tools to business decisions
● Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for
leveraging company data to drive commercial solution
● Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering
● Standardize data analysis throughout the company
● Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
● Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue
generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
● Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor
● Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data
● 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
● University degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics or some related
● Strong problem solving skills
● Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SLQ, R, etc.) to
manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
● Experience working with and creating data architectures
● Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties
of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
● A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Working with us
● Offices in Vienna and London
● Weekly team lunches– occasional dinners, parties and events.
● Working with an exceptional, young, international team.
● Open, kind and proactive atmosphere.
● The opportunity to become a part of one of the most exciting software startups in the consumer space (Winner of the Forbes Austria Startup Academy (2016), Best Technological Innovative Award at Gamification World Awards (2015), listed as TNW Europe Top 3 Startup).
● Market adequate remuneration (depending on the location).
Job Location: Vienna and/or London.
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!