Our client is one of the leading Pan-European Corporate Venture Capital funds based in the heart of Vienna and is looking for a Cluster Lead Position for Insurtech Investments. Following the successful implementation of a conclusive Venture Capital strategy 3 years ago, the logical next step is to further specialize in two verticals: Health Tech and Insurtech. With a portfolio of 20 startups, an asset volume of over €50m and an experienced investment team, the CVC will continue its path with new professionals in 2020.
As the Cluster Lead your role will be to build the brand in the venture ecosystem, source high quality deal flow, make investments, close deals and support portfolio companies. You bring with you a strong network and a top-notch reputation in the venture world; experience in deal-making; the ability to advise start-up companies and to coach their founding teams, based on your experience as an investor or entrepreneur; and ideally, vertical expertise and/or industry experience.
What you will do
• Establishing and managing the Insurtech Cluster
• Develop awareness and brand image for the CVC within the venture community, build a strong network and relationships with outstanding founders, VCs and key stakeholders
• Deal sourcing with focus on CEE startup companies
• On a deal-by-deal basis, managing or supporting the investment processes including deal structuring and due diligence
• Contribution to the growth of the managed portfolio companies by offering structured services to start-ups
• Preparation and support of portfolio companies for exits
What we are looking for
• START-UP BACKGROUND: Ideally you have founded a startup company or have management experience in a relevant position in the startup industry. Alternatively, many years of experience in the startup industry would be key. If you have a corporate background we would expect you to have some experience working in or with startups
• OR: INVESTMENT EXPERIENCE in the aforementioned segments, either with a relevant fund or incubation program etc.
• We expect a strong network of relevant players in the media and marketplace, e-commerce or another area that is complementary to the existing CVC network
• Leadership experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident in negotiation
• High intellectual maturity
• Self-initiative and self-motivation
• Constructive, collaborative and solution-oriented
• Hands-on, “straight to the point” pragmatism
Full-time position preferably based in Vienna - optional Berlin or Munich.
We will offer a minimum salary of EUR 5.000,00 gross per month. Your pay will be discussed during the interview process and will be based on your qualifications and work experience.
Up for it? Apply now and send us your CV! We look forward to it!