Chief Technology Officer (f/m/d)
Our customer BetterDoc pursues the mission of providing access to the best possible medical care for all people.
BetterDoc acts solely in the interests of the patient. Independence is their highest asset.
We strive to find the ideal doctor for each patient. To this end, we establish the best possible match between the patient's disease situation and the competencies of the doctors / clinics in order to optimize the treatment outcome for the patient and to avoid treatment risks for the patient. To accomplish this task ever faster and, most importantly, better, we are building a globally unique data analytics-driven system ("matching engine") that uses a combination of human and machine intelligence - based on medical quality data and the patient's personal preferences.
BetterDoc analyzes many millions of data points and information from public and proprietary sources. We are advised by a globally unique expert advisory board consisting of over 2,500 highly specialized physicians. In addition, we conduct systematic patient surveys ("Patient Reported Outcome / Experience Measures").
In the long term, we want to make a contribution - patient by patient - to improving the quality of the healthcare system in Germany, Switzerland and, in the future, many other countries, and to making it affordable in the long term.
At our two sites in Cologne and Basel, around 120 employees are already working to improve the health of patients in Germany and Switzerland. Over 20 million people already have free access to our service.
We are now looking for a Chief Technology Officer (m/f/d) for the further development of our transactional workflow system and the development of a matching engine.
In your role as CTO, you will be part of the BetterDoc management team.
- Overall responsibility for BetterDoc's technical product vision, i.e. conception and production, including all aspects of research, design, prototyping and software development or deployment.
- Further development of the transactional software (workflow, patient record), i.e., replacing the legacy system and moving to the system developed via micro-service architecture, as well as extensive automation to enable a digital patient journey
- Further technical development and expansion of the clinic and physician quality database
- Development of a matching engine (i.e. matching of the patient's health profile with the qualification profile of the doctors/clinics)
- Responsibility for the complete proprietary software of BetterDoc and the smooth interaction with external software, especially considering the high requirements for data protection in the healthcare sector
- Retention, further development and significant expansion of the product development team
- Proven track record in a similar role (start-up experience a plus).
- Extensive experience in software development as a system architect with programming skills to provide technical leadership/sparring to the product development leadership team (experience with the currently used Elixir and Ruby on Rails languages is an advantage)
- Expertise in data science and data analytics/AI.
- Knowledge of typical electronic medical records structures an advantage
- Entrepreneurial thinking: understanding of economic constraints, flexibility & commitment
- Self-conception as internal service provider coupled with responsibility for the software product
- Personality with leadership qualities: Leadership skills for managing an international team of developers
- Communication talent, strong social and intercultural skills
- Interface function: strengths in cross-functional cooperation
- Technical understanding to build a datalake & data warehouse
- Very good German & English skills are required
What BetterDoc offers you:
An exciting and responsible leadership role in the management of a fast-growing company with long-term development prospects and extensive opportunities to shape the future in an innovative and very dynamic market
- The opportunity to raise the topic of "quality in medicine" to a unique level
- Work in a motivated, interdisciplinary and visionary team
- Direct participation in the company's success via an incentive program
You want to support BetterDoc on its exciting mission and change the healthcare market? Then be part of it! Apply now!