Chief Technology Officer (f/m/d)
The future is closer than you think. The rapidly evolving automotive world with fast-evolving assisted and automated vehicles, new business models such as car-sharing and ride-hailing as well as digitalization and data availability, all have the potential to hugely disrupt the car insurance landscape.
Our client is building up a one of a kind global digital company (subject to obtaining all necessary approvals, including merger control clearance), to create a much better insurance experience for customers. We want insurance products to be fairer, more convenient, and attractive.
It requires reshaping the automotive insurance value chain, including rethinking insurance products, distributing the products, and creating new ways to manage a policy. To do so, the company will leverage cutting-edge technologies and data coming directly from the cars.
During this fascinating journey, you will have the chance to shape and grow an agile organization that is dynamically expanding in all aspects, including geographies, products, and services.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Chief Technology Officer (f/m/d) who has a thirst to develop a state-of-the-art motor insurance platform.
Do you feel comfortable taking business decisions with incomplete or ambiguous information? Do you find it boring if it is just business as usual? Do you enjoy pushing borders with your clients and have a passion for the latest enabling technologies? This is the right place for you!
As part of the management team, you will:
- Build and run an international and highly automated technical platform (based on the selected IT vendor) on which innovative automotive and mobility insurance products will be sold, underwritten and administered
- Define and drive a roadmap (from Minimal Viable Product to Target Operating Model) towards an innovative, frictionless digital ecosystem to support our digital business model, ensuring excellent customer experiences
- Design the technical architecture to ensure a lean and highly automated process
- Build and lead a high-performance tech team and create an exciting, dynamic and sustainable work environment that ensures the efficient execution of functions across the entire tech department
- Collaborate with external partners, such as car manufacturers and insurance carriers
This is you:
- 5 + years of experience as CTO with cloud-based platforms (Salesforce/Vlocity is a plus)
- 5 + years relevant experience in Insurtech or Fintech industry; insurance experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- University degree ideally in the field of informatics/computer science
- An outstanding track record with a strong customer-focus ideally from the primary insurance industry or a scalable, software-led, high transaction/availability environment in a fast-growth company
- Entrepreneurial and can-do attitude, focusing on execution. Pragmatism above theory
- A strategic visionary and innovative thinker with excellent leadership skills and experience of product development and execution
- Experience with bringing together a raft of platforms, technologies and third-party relationships into a coherent customer proposition that reflects the CEO vision
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of technologies/methodologies including, but not limited to:
- end-to-end digital services in the Cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS); exposing services via APIs ; managing large amounts of structured and unstructured data; embedding leading data analytics solutions into production; Infosec and a thorough understanding of cyber risk; DevOps/Agile
- Fluent English is a must, knowledge of other European languages is a plus
What we offer to you:
- The chance to shape and grow an agile organization that is dynamically expanding in all aspects, including geographies, products, and services
- The opportunity to participate in the formation and growth of an innovative startup in motor insurance
- The freedom to bring your ideas to the table and make them a reality
- The possibility to be a part of our international, driven, talented and result-oriented team
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
Are you interested in joining us?
Hit the “Apply for this job” button now! We look forward to hearing from you!
Our client believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the startup world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.