Business Development Associate (f/m/d)
Local food for everyone
Hier, we ❤ food. We love shopping, cooking, and having friends and family over for a great meal.
You probably already know this, but most food from local producers tastes better, is more nutritious and better for the environment. These people, families, and companies put everything into making the greatest products like beverages, dairy, meat, spices or local specialties.
Unfortunately, today, it is much easier to find and buy food from everywhere else around the world, but nearby. Why? Because while the global food supply chain has gotten ever more connected and efficient, the local trade has not. And this has to change!
We are building the infrastructure for local food. Hier connects ambitious retailers with local producers and provides the tools and services to enable them to grow. Hier brings local food to wherever you buy your groceries.
We do this by digitizing the entire sales and order process for direct trade between local food producers and their customers.
Hier Foods is a venture-backed, fast-growing company founded by 2nd-time Founders Lara Hämmerle (Fintech Vantik) and Mark Jäger (Marketplace Stuffle). They are both from families of growers and merchants and have 25 years of combined experience in building and growing digital products.
We share our beautiful office with Github Co-Founders' new startup Chatterbug at SCNE in Berlin. While we love having people around, more than half of the team is remote.
We are currently looking for a Sales Associate to join our team and sell the products and technical infrastructure that will transform the food industry.
We are especially excited to hear from groups under-represented in software development like women, LGBTQIA, BPoC, migrants and humans with a migrant background as well as people with disabilities.
What's your mission?
- As our first full-time sales team member, you'll work closely with our Head of Sales Paul, to create a strong and scalable sales strategy
- You create, execute, and iterate sales processes and strategies to help grow a B2B company in the food industry
- As the first touchpoint with our customers, your insights are an important driver for everything: product, team, and the whole company
- You have a strong interface with our product and customer success team and create a valuable and scalable product through your day-to-day discoveries by conversing with our customers
Learn, learn, learn! Understand the world of Food, B2B, Startups & Sales. Adapt and re-invent your role in line with the company objectives and your personal learnings
Who is our perfect match?
- You are a people’s person, curious, and a highly motivated young professional, who is eager to learn all about sales and the work in a fast-growing environment
- You learned to set priorities in your daily work schedule and you know when to pay close attention to details and when to move on
- Ideally, you have made experiences in performance- and numbers-driven environments
- You are open-minded, empathetic and see the bigger picture
- You have strong communication skills and speak German and English fluently
What can you expect from us?
- A platform for personal & professional development through personal coaching and constant feedback, a clear career path, and the chance to have an immediate impact
- The opportunity to help build a sales team including processes, structure, and the right work environment to strive in
- An attractive compensation package matching your achievements measured in transparent KPIs
- The chance to have an early impact on your team, the product, and the company as a whole while learning what it takes to setup a business
- Close cooperation with exceptional founders, who foster unconventional ideas
- Probably the nicest office you have ever seen with, cheers-to-the-week activities on the rooftop with a view over Berlin included
Take a sneak peek into our product below: