Associate (m/f) with a Focus on Pre-Seed at Speedinvest (Vienna)
Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With 200M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Vienna, Silicon Valley, London, Moscow, Berlin and Munich, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin and Wikifolio.
About the Position
As a Speedinvest Pre-Seed Associate you will play an active role in investments from start to finish. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing and due diligence for investment opportunities including financial modeling, market research and more. Furthermore, you will support in monitoring of the existing portfolio companies and in providing them with the operational support they need and that we strive to deliver.
Task and Responsibilities
- Source, screen and evaluate companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects
- Represent the fund at national and international conferences and other events such as demo days etc.
- Supervise junior analysts and coach them on investment analysis
- Overall support for Partners including administrative duties such as reporting, meeting preparations, major events and other tasks
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience, either from the start-up ecosystem or with a venture capital fund background
- Experience as a founder is a big plus
- Solid understanding of start-ups and product management lifecycle
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail combined with the ability to take an entrepreneurial approach when needed
- Capacity to build and maintain a professional network in the European startup ecosystem
- Excellent English and German communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take initiative
- Dedicated work ethic, a genuine interest in technology and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
What we offer to you
- A competitive salary and further monetary, performance-based benefit
- A diverse, driven, young team that shares the same passion
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- An amazing learning opportunity both analytically but also on a personal and entrepreneurial level – build out your personal network!
- This role is an excellent entry into the world of venture capital and technology startups e.g. our alumni are now working in leading positions in our portfolio companies or have become founders of their own companies
- Opportunities to travel across Europe
- The ability to be an early employee of a team that is taking a different approach to Venture Capital and be a first mover in this market
The full-time position (40h/week) is based in Vienna. The minimum salary offer starts at EUR 3.000 gross/month and is negotiable depending and education and previous work experience.
As for the first step, we kindly ask you to prepare an Investment Proposal and send it to us together with your CV to email@example.com
Please choose a startup in the pre-seed phase in which Speedinvest is not yet invested and send us a .doc or .ppt summarizing your analysis on the company. Imagine that this could be a paper on which the partners of Speedinvest would base their decision on whether to invest or not. Also let us know in 2-3 sentences why you would invest in the company.
Length: quality before quantity (max. 2 pages .doc, 4 pages .ppt).
Confidentiality: Do not disclose that you are applying for a position at Speedinvest!
We’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (Linkedin, GitHub, Twitter, Blog, Medium, etc.) are appreciated.