UI/UX Designer (f/m/d)
Today’s healthcare fails many of us living with chronic conditions. It is unnecessarily difficult to access medical advice, prescriptions, and medications. With how far technology has come, it’s time to modernize and digitize healthcare.
9am.health is redesigning healthcare for the consumer, making it easy, affordable, and kind. We focus on people living with chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol and are creating a unified care experience all in one digital service. Our service will be individualized for each patient, incredibly convenient and kind, and offered at affordable prices even without insurance.
The experienced 9am.health founding team worked together previously to build a company that is now used by over 3 million people with diabetes worldwide, has more than 200 employees, and was acquired by Roche in 2017. 9am.health is well funded by tier 1 Silicon Valley investors and launched our full service in August 2021.
We are looking for people who are not just looking for a job - but a mission - people who want to be part of something special, work for the benefit of our users, and transform healthcare for the better.
This is you:
- 3+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- Experience with web and mobile design (native iOS and Android)
- Structured and self-reliant working approach and a proactive attitude
- A “Roll-up-the-sleeves-and-get-it-done” mindset (We like to get things done, not just talk about it)
- Being able to work end to end: You can cover the whole process from a rough concept to a high fidelity screen design
- Being team-oriented: Coming up with a concept is a team effort for you. You bring everybody on board and not just hand over your design to be implemented
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills to help the team understand your concepts and rationals
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mastery of Figma and proficiency with Adobe CC
- Support the continuous development of our design system
- Being able to create Prototypes for user tests
- Strong focus on an iterative approach for product development, being able to cut down concepts to create an MVP, and laying out further steps
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum or Kanban)
- Know-how for HTML and CSS
- Interest in Marketing topics
- Experience in the health care sector
What we offer:
- The chance to change the health care system in the US for the better!
- Being part of a growing team that will tackle big problems means you will have the ability to shape the service and how we interact with the world around us
- Working with a small, flexible team with lots of opportunities to shape technology, infrastructure, culture, and ways of working
- Fostering a mindset of constant learning and improvement on all levels and disciplines, individually and as a team
- Sites in Vienna, Austria and San Diego, California - moving between sites is welcome! We would love to spend more time in the office together, but of course a large part will be remote
- Competitive compensation package, plus the option to participate in the company’s stock options program
- We keep it fun, open, and collaborative. Everyone has a voice. A key measure of our success is your happiness
- We are a family-friendly workplace. Most of us have kids and know how crazy and unplannable life can get
We value the diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Let’s do good and have some fun! Do not hesitate to hit the apply button and we are looking forward to hearing from you!