Senior Software Developer - Backend
Our mission is to unlock the potential of business and government working better, together.
The partnership between business and government is vital in making our communities productive & cohesive, but inefficiency and bureaucracy is currently the norm. Stotles is using a modern approach to change this.
The SaaS platform gives businesses a clear view of opportunities to work with the public sector, and the tools needed to manage them. They are bringing together a massive amount of messy government data to bring clarity and transparency to a space that desperately needs it.
Since launching the private beta in early 2020, they have seen fantastic traction from industry leading customers such as UiPath, Slack, Freshworks, Couchbase, and many others. You’ll be joining a team of creative and intellectually curious engineers who is eager to learn any technology and skill required to get the job done, and share their knowledge with the rest of the team.
To revolutionize a market that desperately needs it, they are looking for a Senior Software Developer (f/m/d) to contribute to the entire lifecycle of their platform.
About your role
- Build a global public sector database by combining procurement data, news sources, government spend and planning information and many other datasources
- Take the backend to the next level by spearheading the development, implementing best practices and thereby growing into senior leadership role at Stotles
- Design and build a complex data pipeline ingesting structured and unstructured data
- Develop infrastructure connecting all components of our architecture including the data pipeline, scrapers, internal tools and the customer-facing web application
- Build a state-of-the-art querying and searching engine for our graph of public sector data
- You can check out some examples of what they are working on here or their current techstack on Stackshare
About your skills
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer in roles related to backend development or data engineering (data pipeline architecture, scrapers, data processing & analytics)
- Experience with applications running in the cloud and using DevOps tools
- Good to have are experience developing SaaS products and/or graph databases
- You are a strong analytical thinker with the ability to distill complex tasks into an elegant solution & plan-of-attack
- You are an effective communicator who is able to share novel or complicated concepts in a digestible way and translate the technical development into their relevant business implications
- You are willing to flex across technologies beyond this description to solve the tasks at hand and you are always ready to get your hands dirty!
- You are dependable & detail-oriented when delivering on commitments you make to the team
- Your are curious to learn new skills and technologies outside of your comfort zone and ambitious to grow into a senior leadership role
What we offer you
- A hybrid remote model with the best of both worlds
- Competitive salary package incl. shares in the company
- Private health plan incl. monthly bonus for personal health, wellness and development
- Financial support for your work from home setup
- 25 days vacation + bank holiday
You can check out further information about the company, the recruiting process or your possible learning paths here
Stotles values diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
Most important, they looking for people that are curious, ambitious and love to learn new things, so if for any reason you don't fit the requirements but are passionate about the vision, don't hesitate to apply. Let’s do good and have some fun! We are looking forward to hearing from you.